Crystal blue waters, the Opera House, the Harbor Bridge, the white sand beaches, the Kangaroos, the Great Barrier Reefs, world-famous universities, and student-friendly culture. Welcome to Australia!
Every year many students from India go abroad for their higher studies. University applications, LORs, SOPs, searching for dorm rooms, commute arrangements. Students have a lot on their plates. In the midst of all this, they cannot afford to forget the essential part of their documentation, their visa! To all the Indian students, here’s your list of requirements to apply for an Australian visa to study in Australia!
No matter which field you choose to study in, you would need a common student visa (subclass 500)
- Indian passport
- Proof of enrollment sent by your university - electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE) certificate
- Visa application fee
- Proof of visa fee payment
- GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Passport-size photographs (latest ones; advised to get yourself clicked if you haven’t done so in a while)
- Academic and work experience documents
You would also require some preliminary documents and their respective photocopies. Some of these basic documents include-
- Certified academic scores documents/ transcripts
- Details of your health insurance policy (overseas student health cover approved by the Australian government)
- Evidence of proficiency in the English language (IELTS or TOEFL exam scores)
- Financial documents (to let them know you can afford to live there. When sharing details, keep money aside for basics such as tuition fees, living expenses, air tickets, etc. The details should show that all costs during the period of stay can be covered)
- Official criminal records and verification of those documents
- Proof of welfare arrangements (if the student is younger than 18 years)
What can your Australian student visa do for you?
- Let you enroll for eligible courses of study in the country
- Take family members with you
- Travel to and from Australia
- Work up to 40 hours every two weeks after the beginning of the academic course
- Apply for a visa online in or outside Australia
Visa fee for subclass 500: * all the money is in AUD
- Base application charge - $630
- Additional application charges (for 18 years and above) - $460
- Additional application charges (if less than 18 years) - $150
- Subsequent temporary application charge - $700
How to make sure your visa remains valid:
- Maintain adequate academic scores and attendance record
- Provide Australian address of residency to your university in case they wish to contact you and update them if you move to a different place
- Ensure that you have sufficient funds to cover your cost of living throughout your stay in the country
- Make sure to work only within your visa permits, do not exceed it.
Another subclass of visa available: (other than subclass 500 - the most common one)
- Student visa (subclass 500) (subsequent entrant)
- Student visa (subclass 500) – Foreign Affairs or Defence sector
- Student visa (subclass 500) – Postgraduate research sector
The year 2021 has seen an increasing trend in studying abroad among Indian students. If you are confused about which course to select for your study abroad option, click here to learn more about trending courses abroad in the year 2021. Australia is one of the most sought-after higher education destinations for students from India. If you seek to settle overseas, click here to list study opportunities leading to the coveted Australian PR.
How do we assist students?
Skylark Overseas Education was founded with the sole aim of assisting aspiring students in making balanced career choices, thereby producing individuals who are knowledgeable, broad-minded, and self-aware.
We are service providers for Australian admissions and visas. We are dedicated and committed to helping students make their admission process effortless. We bring on our panel of experts to help you navigate your way into your dream university. We are committed to helping you, so we make sure not to leave any stone unturned.
We do our level best to bring to your notice any and every scholarship that you have a potential chance of winning. We also put in the same efforts into the last leg of the process, procuring your visa. You can leave the technicalities to us and relax because our experts will seamlessly guide you through everything.
Skylark has assisted more than 8000 students with admissions into 700 universities in 10 different countries with a 95% visa success rate. Enjoy your stay in Australia, and don’t forget to say hi to the Koalas and the Penguins! Oh and, on your way out, check out our blog! https://www.skylark-infobase.com/