Are you dreaming of studying at an Australian university? Australia is a country with top-notch educational institutions. Students worldwide travel to Australia for their education. In Australia, Accounting is a popular choice among undergraduate and postgraduate students. Many universities in Australia offer fundamental training in specialisation courses. Studying in any of these universities will open job opportunities to students. We have compiled this information to make your search for accounting in Australia easier.
About Accounting in Australia
The language of business is accounting. It's like a company report card that helps you figure out how successful your firm is. Accounting is used by businesses to conduct financial studies that are required for future planning and decision-making. It captures, analyses, summarises, evaluates, and disseminates a company's financial data. An accounting degree will help you be more productive when solving problems, and you can pursue accounting as a career if you enjoy working with numbers.
Accounting is still one of the most popular courses in Australia. Another reason for that is, Australia is always on the lookout for accountants. The evident need for accounting-related courses is all the more generally recognised, given the rising demand in the labour market. The approval of the CPA qualification by the ICAI and vice versa has increased the course's popularity.
What are an Accountant's Roles and Responsibilities?
As an accountant plays a vital role in a company, there are many roles and responsibilities that an accountant has to perform like
Why students choose Accounting in Australia
A lot can be said about the island nation that is recognised for global academic recognition, a wide choice of subjects, nice weather, and a secure environment. This is precisely the reason why people prefer to study in Australia. Students choose Australia for many things, and here are a few that top the list:
- They are taught the using the most cutting-edge technology.
- Accountants in Australia are accredited by CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Institute of Public Accountants, the three professional accounting bodies.
- They are trained by highly trained instructors and exposed to various subjects.
- They have excellent job prospects.
- The global demand for accounting graduates is constantly rising.
- There are more possibilities for accountants as they are needed in every field.
- They have a great chance at creating important contacts that may help build their future.
Requirements to study Accounting in Australia
The requirements for Accounting depend on what course you are opting for and are given under every course. But here are some of the standard requirements you must have before applying for Accounting in Australia.
- Letter of recommendation (LOR)
- Qualification Certificate
- Language certificates like IELTS or TOEFL
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Personal Statement
Check out our guide to Australia's grading system to understand the academic requirements in detail and the Australian education system.
- Academic records with their grades and scores
- Official transcripts of completed secondary education.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Statement of Purpose to study in Australia
- Official IDs: Birth certificate, passport
- Financial Affidavit
- Experienced candidates should send their resumes and recent statements of employment.
Student Visa to Australia
To study at the best accounting universities in Australia, you can apply for a visa online by paying an introductory fee of AU$ 620 and submitting the following documents:
- Student visa application form.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certificate of Confirmation of Enrolment or Letter of Offer.
- Evidence of sufficient funds to finance your stay (minimum of AU$ 18,000).
- Overseas Health Cover receipt.
- Four recent passport-size photographs.
- For individuals under 18, a parent consent letter is required.
Types of Courses Available for Accounting in Australia
The Australian education system offers various types of specialised Accounting Courses in Australia for different fields. Students usually select major study options for accounting are
- Diploma in Accounting - It's a six-month course
- Bachelors of Commerce - It's a three years course in which you can select the preferred speciality within your stream.
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting - You need a bachelor's degree or five years of professional experience.
- Master of Commerce - It's a full-time course of 1 year for which you need a bachelor's degree in Commerce.
Scholarships for Accounting in Australia
Accounting is still one of the most popular courses in Australia. One reason is that Australia is always on the lookout for accountants. The evident need for accounting-related courses is all the more generally recognised, given the rising demand in the labour market. The approval of the CPA qualification by the ICAI and vice versa has increased the course's popularity.
Scholarship for Bachelor of Accounting in Australia
- Australian National University Scholarship
- Australian Awards
- Monash International Scholarship
- Destination Australian Program
- Undergraduate International College Scholarship at Macquarie University.
- ANU Chancellor's International University Scholarship
Scholarships for Masters of Accounting in Australia
- Melbourne Graduate Scholarship
- Dean's International Scholarship
- UNSW International Scholarship
- Global Academia Excellence Scholarship
- Global Citizenship scholarship
- Scholarship for Excellence
- Student Support Scholarship
- Scholarship for specific Asian Countries
Australian Government-funded scholarships for international students in Australia
- Australian Awards- This scholarship, which the government supports, covers all student costs, including accommodation, transportation, and tuition. Students must be 18 or above to be eligible for this scholarship. The Australian government funds it.
- The Destination Australian Program – Both domestic and international students are welcome to participate in the Destination Australia programme. Over a thousand students receive awards totalling up to AUD 15,000 each year.
Best Accounting Universities in Australia
Knowing the best College/University to study accounting in Australia is important before you finalise it. So here are the top Universities in Australia for accounting:
University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is listed among the top 25 universities in the world for accounting and finance. By studying accounting here, students will develop capabilities and credibility scores, giving them access to many careers. Their tradition in teaching accounting includes active involvement with the profession, top companies and industries so that you get hands-on experience.
Post Graduate Fee- $86,310
University of New South Wales (UNSW)
UNSW (University of New South Wales) was established in 1949. And since, it has maintained a dedication to enhance and alter lives both in Australia and around the world. The UNSW is a fantastic choice for continuing your study and is ranked 43rd in the world for Accounting. The career-focused accounting programmes at UNSW enable you to network professionally and gain work experience while you are still a student. You also get the chance to make important contacts.
Post Graduate - $35,600
University of Melbourne
Melbourne University is placed 33rd worldwide in the QS World University Rankings for 2023.
More than 54,000 students attend the University of Melbourne, with 51% enrolling as undergraduates and 49% as graduates. Over 150 different nations are represented by 44% of the student body. The University of Melbourne offers scholarships for different types of students. The Melbourne Chancellor's Scholarship and the Melbourne National Merit Scholarship are two of the most well-known awards.
Post Graduate Fee- $43,740
The international ranking of Monash University is 57, and it consistently places among the best universities in the world. According to the QS Ranking, this university is also consistently ranked as one of the top 10 universities in Australia. Over 60,000 students were accessible at Monash's many campuses. Over 12,000 graduates, over 3,000 students pursuing advanced degrees by research, and about 45,000 students are enrolled in undergraduate programmes. This university receives applications from more than 30,000 students in more than 100 nations. Monash University has a 40% acceptance rate for its undergraduate and graduate programmes.
Post Graduate fee- $45,800
Victoria University is one of Australia's best accounting schools. In 1991, it was granted accreditation with university status. Accounting is one of the higher education, training, and vocational programmes offered on its campuses. With Victoria University's Master of Professional Accounting programme, you may develop your profession while you're a student by learning cutting-edge accounting techniques. This postgraduate accounting degree offers the specialised knowledge, practical skills, and a thorough understanding of environmental concerns and international accounting trends.
Postgraduate Fee- $32,220
Career Opportunities after Accounting in Australia
Some of the career opportunities that are offered after completing a Master's in Accounting are:
Australia is a a welcoming and pleasant place to pursue higher education, and its degrees are recognised worldwide. The main benefit of choosing Australia as your study destination is the emphasis on practical knowledge that the Australian educational system places on it and it has its secret benefits. Accounting in Australia is an excellent choice as Australia is constantly looking for accountants. Student planning on studying in Australia should be familiar with the student discount cards that Australia provides. We are hoping our blog helped you navigate your accounting in Australia search.