Your dream of studying at one of the UK's prestigious universities is about to come true. The only thing left now is to apply to Kingston University. We know it could be challenging to understand the complex process of the applications. That is why we bring you this blog, where we’ll be addressing your doubts and questions. So, let us get started right away!
About Kingston University
Located in South West London, England's Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, Kingston University London is a public research university. Its foundations date back to the 1899 founding of the Kingston Technical Institute. Before 1992, when it was granted university status, the organisation was known as Kingston Polytechnic. This University was founded in 1899 and first offered courses in chemistry, electric wiring, building construction, nursing, dressmaking, and clay modelling. Kingston University’s ranking in QS world university rankings is between 601-650.
Types of Degrees and Courses offered at Kingston University
Kingston offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programmes, many of which are included in The Guardian University Guide 2021 as among the best in the nation. The Fashion programme here, one of only two in the UK to receive the maximum number of "Badges of Excellence" from the top influencer website Business of Fashion, is a top destination for fashion studies worldwide. Degrees from this institution are respected by businesses and academic institutions all over the world, and alumni from this university may be found in important positions everywhere.
This university offers numerous popular undergraduate programmes to students. Following is a list of some of them.
- Art and Design
- Biological Sciences
- Creative Industries
- Drama, Dance and Music
- Forensic Science
- Accounting and Finance
- Aerospace Engineering
- Banking and Finance
- Cancer Biology
- Clinical Leadership
- Data Science
Kingston University courses are also offered as a selection of short courses that are arranged for personal and professional growth for both individuals and groups. These programmes are open to all students and frequently have no formal entry criteria.
Kingston also offers part-time courses to its students. A selection of short courses that are arranged for personal and professional growth for both individuals and groups. These programmes are open to all students and frequently have no formal entry criteria. They have a well- established part-time programme options for science, arts and social sciences degrees.
If you wish to study at Kingston but lack the prerequisites, their foundation programmes might be ideal for you. Most of them are created for those who learn best in non-traditional ways and are a fantastic place to start if you're thinking about going to college. They are all focused on developing a skilled labour force.
At this university, degree apprenticeship programmes debuted in 2017. Apprentices are given the opportunity to gain the professional skills necessary for improved employability and advancement thanks to Kingston’s strong emphasis on teaching excellence and industry-focused learning.
How much does it cost to study at Kingston University?
The fees for Undergraduate Degrees for home students and international students are mentioned below.
The cost of postgraduate courses varies widely. For taught courses, you can check the postgraduate course pages, and you can the research fees page for research courses.
Scholarships provided by Kingston University
Kingston University scholarships are available to home students and international students too. Some of the course-specific scholarships offered by this university's faculties are open to international and EU students.
1: International Scholarships: The Kingston University International Office provides successful applicants with scholarships for their first year of study, £5,000 (designated as "overseas fee status") for September and January.
2: Loyalty Bursaries: International students who have previously completed a degree or exchange programme at this university or who have a family connection to Kingston University are eligible for a 10% tuition fee discount.
3: Faculty Scholarships: Some of the course-specific scholarships offered by Kingston's faculties are open to international and EU students.
4: External Scholarships: International students have access to a variety of funding options from outside organisations.
Eligibility criteria for Kingston University
The eligibility criteria for the applicants are as follows-
- Good English Language skills. They accept IELTS and PTE.
- On September 1st of your first year, you should be at least 18 years old (there is no upper age limit for admission).
- For more course-wise information, you can check their course description pages.
How to apply to Kingston University
Kingston University’s acceptance rate is 72.5%. Like other UK universities, you need to apply through UCAS applications. The UCAS code for Kingston University is K84.
To apply for an undergraduate degree, you need to
- You need to choose a course and check its requirements.
- You can apply online for each of their undergraduate programmes at the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
- Make sure you have all the documents and the supporting documents ready.
- You might also be required to submit additional documentation, such as a personal statement, a resume, a portfolio, and/or translation tests, depending on the course you enrol in.
- Your teacher(s) or other referees will add their references after you're confident that your personal statement is the best it can be.
- Then, the university goes through your application and processes it.
You can learn more about UCAS now.
To apply for a postgraduate degree, most of their postgraduate pages have online application forms available on the course page.
Documents required to apply at Kingston University
- Your complete and evaluated application.
- English Language Proficiency results of IELTS or PTE.
- Copies of certified translations of qualification records.
- Two references, at least one of which should be an academic reference.
- Two references, with at least one of them being an academic source.
Life at Kingston University
When you enrol at Kingston, you become a member of a friendly, inclusive community. Regardless of who you are, where you're from, or your background, this university will feel like home to you, and your time there will be something you will remember for the rest of your life.
- The university has over 90 student societies, covering a wide range of interests including sports, arts, politics, and more. Joining a society is a great way to meet like-minded people and get involved in extracurricular activities.
- This university also has a variety of sports teams and facilities, including a gym, swimming pool, and sports hall. There are also fitness classes available, such as yoga and spin.
- It also offers a range of support services to help students with their academic and personal needs. This includes career services, academic support, and counselling.
Overall, the student life at Kingston University is diverse and exciting, with a range of opportunities available for students to get involved and make the most of their time at the university.
Why should you apply to Kingston University?
Kingston University London is committed to improving students' chances in life by assisting them in making the most of their educational opportunities and providing them with the information and skills necessary for the competitive workplace of the 21st century. Every faculty member at Kingston is top-notch. World-class facilities are available at King's School of Art, including a 3D materials workshop, a digital media workshop, and a hackspace. Additionally, printmaking studios and workshops for photography exist. Kingston offers courses that will help you acquire the skills, abilities, and contacts you'll need to succeed in your career, together with comprehensive careers and employability support.
The alumni of Kingston are a representative sample of the many disciplines that have been taught over the years, including engineering, art and design, architecture, surveying, business, accountancy, law, and geology. Some of the notable alumni include-
- Ben Barnes: He is an actor who has starred in movies such as Killing Bono, The Chronicles and others. He graduated with Drama with English Literature BA(Hons).
- Jonathan Asherson: He graduated from Kingston with a BSc(Hons) in Mechanical Engineering and HonDSc. He is not the Chairman of Rolls Royce Singapore.
- Glenda Bailey: She is the Editor-in-chief at Harper’s Bazaar, US. The university awarded her a BA(Hons) in Fashion and HonMDes.
- Lawrence Dallaglio: He is an international rugby player.
This blog is intended to make the application process to Kingston University easier for you. We hope that you get through the application process and your dream to study at Kingston and study in the UK is fulfilled. Make sure to enjoy your college life to the fullest and pack a big bag of memories with you when it ends.