Many students aspire to study in the United Kingdom and envision entering one of the country's most prestigious colleges and quite a few people are familiar with Coventry University's famous reputation. A complicated application process may be challenging to grasp. We'll answer any of your inquiries and clear up any confusion in our blog. Do you want to know how to apply to Coventry University? Let's look into how we can do it!
About Coventry University
Coventry University is a well-known public institution. The origins of this institution may be traced back to 1843. Internationally, the university is known for its expertise in health, peacebuilding, and agroecology and the world-class calibre of its engineering and design graduates, particularly in the automobile industry.
Coventry University rankings, awards and ratings
Coventry University has a QS ranking of #651 and #38 in The Guardian's 2022 rankings. For the previous five years, they have ranked first in the United Kingdom for overseas student experience! They also have 5 QS Stars for teaching and 4 QS Stars for research. They are also the Number 1 Modern University in the Midlands according to Guardian University Guide 2022.
Degrees and Courses offered at Coventry University
The university boasts one of the most diverse course offerings among UK universities, offering everything from English Language and Research Degrees to hundreds of undergraduate and postgraduate degree options and PhD opportunities. The university courses cover a wide range of topics. You can find this university's alums in significant positions worldwide, and degrees from this institution are recognised by businesses and academic institutions worldwide.
Students can choose from various popular undergraduate programmes at this university. Some of the popular courses are provided below:
- Accounting & Finance
- Aerospace Engineering & Aviation Management
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Art, Design & Fashion
- Automotive & Motorsport Engineering
- Biomedical & Forensic Sciences
- Business & Management
- Civil Engineering & Construction
- Computer Sciences & Games
This university also provides students with highly sought-after postgraduate programmes. Some examples are provided below.
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Business Management
- Computer Science
- Aerospace Engineering
At this university, you can work with leading experts while studying for your PhD and working on your research.
- Professional Engineering
- Global Education
- Business Administration
A mixed honours study, in a nutshell, permits you to pursue two distinct disciplines as part of your degree. All modern foreign language programmes last four or five years and include at least one year abroad. Joint Honours programmes often run for three to five years.
Coventry University Fees
The UK Government has agreed to keep full-time undergraduate tuition in the UK at the current level of £9,250 in 2023-24. Your course fee may increase in subsequent years following inflation, as the law permits. The costs for undergraduate students in the United Kingdom are determined by government policy, and these costs may change.
The course determines the cost of a master's degree. The pricing for the course you're interested in can be found on their Coursefinder page.
Scholarships provided by Coventry University
Coventry University offers scholarships to all first-year students. These are generally merit-based, but scholarships are available for women in specific degrees, sports merit and more. Scholarships and bursaries are awarded to deserving students by the university.
However, the university only provides a limited amount of financial incentives in the form of scholarships to students pursuing undergraduate or master's degrees.
One scholarship you can apply for is the Chevening scholarship and if you are clueless about it, you can read our blog on the Chevening scholarship.
How to apply to Coventry University
Coventry University has a 32% acceptance rate, which is a bit low given that they are selective in their candidates. To be considered for admission, you must submit your UCAS application to the university, just like any other institution in the United Kingdom. The institution’s UCAS code is C85.
- Check the requirements and select the appropriate course.
- Apply for an undergraduate degree through the UCAS platform. You can also apply using their website.
- Check that you have all of the necessary and supporting documents.
- Depending on the course, you may be required to submit additional documentation such as a personal statement, a CV, a portfolio, and translation tests.
- When you apply, you may be asked to provide two references who can testify to your academic or professional abilities.
- The UG application fee is in line with UCAS fees, which are £20 for one course and £25-£26 for each subsequent course.
- After submitting your application and paying the application fees, the college starts processing your application.
If you are worried about how to write your personal statement, don’t worry because we will show you how to write one!
Eligibility criteria for Coventry University
- English language proficiency test results with a minimum score of 6 and a minimum of 5.5 in each skill.
- Pass in five subjects in the GCSE or equivalent with grades 9-4/ A* to C, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Three A2 Levels. AS grades may also be included within an offer, but two AS Levels instead of one A2 Level will not be accepted.
The exact entry requirements for your selected course will usually be more specific than the university's minimal requirements and will specify the minimum grade requirements. The prerequisites for each course are listed on Coursefinder.
Documents required to apply at Coventry University
These are the documents you would require for a UG application:
- English Language Test Scores
- Academic Transcripts and Degree or Diploma Certificates
- Personal Statement
- Academic or professional reference(LOR)
- Copy of current passport
These are the documents you would require for a PG application:
- Copies of degree/diploma certificates and academic transcripts
- One Letter of Recommendation on an official headed paper or from a professional email address. Please note that some courses will require work and academic references, for example, Health and Nursing courses.
- Personal statement.
- If you do not have a degree and are applying with work experience, a detailed CV also can be submitted.
- Evidence of English language proficiency. This can be GCSE grade C/4 or above or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent qualifications
- Evidence of GCSE Maths grade C/4 or above for specific courses. Other qualifications equivalent to this be considered.
- For Art and Design based courses, a portfolio of artwork may be requested.
Life at Coventry University
You can experience the best of your student life while studying at Coventry University. The university has a lot of things for you to do and create a social circle of friends interested in the same things as you are. The university is home to over 100 societies, such as Chess, Anime & Manga, Aviation, Craft Beer, and many more! There is a wide variety which means that whatever your passion is, there will be a society for you! If you are into sports, the university also has 40 sports clubs to choose from, ranging from eSports to Equestrian (the one where you and the horse jump over hurdles). There surely is a sports club of your choice. Coventry University also hosts events that ensure your campus life never gets boring. Out of the campus, there is a bustling city and a lot of places to visit and things to do, if you are curious to what you can do in the lovely city, you can read our blog on the things to do in Coventry.
Placements at Coventry University
Students who have graduated from Coventry University have got placements in some of the best companies in the world, like Tata Technologies, Havelock, Ford, and more. Graduating from this university ensures that you will get placed in one of your dream companies (you still would have to match the criteria of the company). If you feel like you won't get placed, Coventry University has a graduate employment rate of 95%, which is a pretty good number if you still are worried.
Why should you apply to Coventry University?
Coventry University prioritises its students by providing surroundings and services that allow you to reach your full potential. They want to empower you to thrive in your chosen career. That is why the university is there for you from the moment you enrol until you graduate. They also offer an excellent student environment, with social areas, movies, cafes, and restaurants around the campus. You will also be living in the exciting city of Coventry! The city was named the UK City of Culture for 2021. Thanks to its rich history and diverse people, Coventry is a dynamic, affordable city and has some great areas to live in. If you are considering moving to this city, our student housing guide will be your best mate!
Politicians, YouTubers, and streamers are this university’s notable alumni. There has been a plethora of different graduates who have left their mark on the world. Some of the alums are listed below:
1. Emma McGann: Emma McGann is a British singer-songwriter, musician, and internet live-streamer on YouNow and Twitch. She graduated with a degree in Music Composition and Professional Practice.
2. Neil Carson: Neil Carson OBE is a British businessman who served as the CEO of Johnson Matthey, a British multinational chemicals and precious metals corporation. He received his engineering degree.
3. Tobi Brown: Tobi Brown, often known as TBJZL, is a YouTuber, streamer, and Internet personality. He is also a member and co-founder of the Sidemen, a famous British YouTube group. He has an honours degree in computing.
4. David Borrow: David Barrow is a British Labour Party politician who served as MP for South Ribble from 1997 to 2010. He now serves on Preston City Council as a Labour Party councillor. He earned a degree in Economics.
5. Gerry McGovern: Gerald McGovern OBE is an English car designer and Jaguar Land Rover's Chief Creative Officer. He earned a degree in Industrial Design.
We hope this information has helped you understand Coventry University, available courses, eligibility requirements, and tuition fees. If you're confident you want to attend this college, let us help you take the next step toward creating your ideal university life. To get one item off your chest, we can assist you in booking your student accommodation.