Posted on February 12, 2018
#Canada #Visa #Immigration 

A Study Permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that allows a foreign national to study in Canada for a limited time. Once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at an approved institute for the duration of the specified course or program.

You can apply for a study permit on this link

To be eligible to study in Canada:

  • You must have been accepted by a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your: tuition fees; living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada; and return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada may require you to attend an interview at the Visa Office. The Visa Application Centre will contact you, or you might be contacted directly by the Visa Office and you will also be notified by an update on the Online Application Tracking System.

Working in Canada

Campus Jobs

As an international student, you are able to work on campus without a work permit while completing your studies if:

  • You are registered as a full-time student at a public post-secondary institution (college, university, CEGEP).
  • You are registered as a full-time student at a private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as a public institution, and receives at least 50% of its financing from government grants.
  • You are registered as a full-time student a Canadian private institution authorized by provincial statute to grant degrees.
  • You have a valid study permit.

Off-Campus Jobs

As an international student, you are able to work off-campus with a work permit while completing your studies if:

  • You are registered as a full-time student at a participating publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.
  • You have applied for your work permit and have received it.
  • You are only working up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays or spring break).

Travel and Work in Canada

You are able to travel and work in Canada for up to 1 year through International Experience Canada if:

  • You are between the ages of 18--35.
  • Your country of origin has an agreement with Canada.

How long will it take to get a student visa?

Student visas take 15 working days or three weeks to be processed.

How much does it cost?

A study permit costs INR 5,470, plus processing charges.

To retrieve your passport (s), you have the choice of;

  • Picking up the passport in person from the CVAC or through an authorised representative at the Canada Visa Application Centre or;
  • Requesting return of passport by courier on address desired by you (if the pincode is serviceable).

Please note that there will be a Service Charge for the above services. Courier charges where applicable are separate from the Service Charge applicable for Passport Transmission Services. The details can be obtained here.

Immigration Process after Landing in Canada

The arrival of an immigrant with an immigrant visa is evidence that when the visa was issued, the visa officer was satisfied that the immigrant met Canada's admission requirements as outlined in the Act and its attendant Regulations. At the point of arrival however, landing is not an automatic right: immigrants must still satisfy the POE immigration officer that entry is permissible: A12(1).

The immigration landing process is likewise a two step procedure: The first step entails a verification of the immigration visa/record of landing, while the second step involves the completion of the record of landing for admission into Canada.

Immigrants are under a statutory obligation to answer truthfully all questions posed by an immigration officer and to produce documentation as may be required by the officer for the purpose of establishing whether the person shall be allowed into Canada: A11(4).

About AmberStudent

AmberStudent provides you with 24x7 assistance for apartment search and booking in UK, to make your renting experience easy. The representatives help you find the perfect apartment as per your preferences. With over 100+ apartments around United Kingdom you can pick the accommodation of your choice at affordable prices.

Want apartment of your choice?Get response within 16 hours
24x7 Personal Assistance

Verified Property

Free Service

Just give your preferences & get best apartments for your stay without any hassle.

By submitting form you agree to Terms and Privacy policy