Twelfth Avenue properties are located a leisurely 10-minute stroll from the University of Queensland (UQ), St Lucia campus. Toowong Village shopping centre and the shopping precinct at Hawken Drive where you can get all your groceries and take-away food, are only a short bus trip or walk away. The location is so convenient that you do not even need a car!

There are 2 houses that are a mirror of each other, situated side by side. Each house has 5 bedrooms which feature 4 ensuite rooms, a common kitchen, lounge, and washing machine. There is also a larger room available with its own kitchenette and lounge room. Facilities include a recreation room, basic exercise equipment, swimming pool and BBQ. 

The bedrooms feature electronic secure doors and the rooms are furnished with a double bed, study desk, study chair, 32 inches flat-screen TV, couch, side table, built-in wardrobe, ceiling fan and air-conditioning. Each bedroom also has a balcony perfect for putting your feet up and relaxing.

Apartment Facilities

study desk/chair
air conditioning
fully equipped kitchen
spacious living area
lounge suite
dining furniture
washing machine
swimming pool and BBQ

Community Facilities

Fully furnished apartments
Outdoor swimming pool
Outdoor entertaining area
Air-conditioning in all apartments
Safe living environment / high level security access


Private Ensuite 1 Bedroom in Shared HomeAU$345/week
Private Room
Private Bathroom
Shared Kitchen
Lease Duration26 week - 52 week

Ideally situated within the Avenues precinct of St Lucia and only a leisurely 10 minutes stroll to campus these brand new houses have been developed with the student in mind.  Available as one bedroom within a four bedroom house, these unique rooms come fully furnished with a double bed, couch, study desk/chair, TV and air conditioning. Each of the rooms also features a private ensuite and a coded lock on the bedroom door for added security. The house boasts a large fully equipped kitchen, spacious living area which comes complete with TV, lounge suite and dining furniture, and washing machine. Facilities include a recreation room, basic exercise equipment, swimming pool and BBQ.

Bed Size: Double

Self-Contained One Bedroom ApartmentAU$445/week
Sold Out
Private Room
Private Bathroom
Private Kitchen
Lease Duration52 week
Available from01-01-2020

If more space is what you are looking for then the self-contained one bedroom apartments in each of these houses is the perfect choice.  With your own private entrance this unique apartment offers a little more privacy in a very well thought out living space.  The unit comes fully furnished with  an ensuite, private kitchen and living area, a double bed, couch, study desk/chair, TV and air conditioning throughout. Facilities include a recreation room, basic exercise equipment, swimming pool and BBQ.

Bed Size: Double

Looking to book this unit? Join Waitlist

Frequently Asked Questions

Why are you claiming my Bond?

The Owner is entitled to compensation if you have failed any terms or conditions in your tenancy agreement or breached the Residential Tenancies Act (Queensland State Government Law covering rental issues). Please note that the owner cannot claim for wear and tear of items or fittings in the apartment. At UniLodge the vast majority of these sorts of issues are resolved by agreement between the owner and the tenant. If there is no agreement then the Owner may decide to ask the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) to hold a hearing to finally decide on the issue. Please note if the matter goes to QCAT then the resolution of the bond will exceed the timeframe mentioned above as we must wait for a hearing date from QCAT.

How do I receive my Bond back?

At the end of the tenancy we will provide you a Bond Claim form for completion (or you can download your own copy from the RTA website), Please ensure you sign the form with the same signature as you used on the Bond Lodgement form at the start of your tenancy. The RTA will match signatures and will only process your claim if they match. We will lodge the bond claim form once we have the owner and your signed agreement, it then takes another 2-3 business days for the RTA to process, it repays the bond directly into the nominated bank account on the form, If you have not provided valid bank account details, but have provided a forwarding address, the RTA will send a cheque. If the RTA is unable to do either of the above they will retain your money, you will need to contact them via phone on 1300 366 311 to organise for your refund to be released to you.

What happens when I vacate?

You need to leave your apartment clean and tidy in the same condition as when you arrived, and ensure all personal items have been removed, report any damage that may have been caused during your tenancy. This allows for a speedy bond resolution. I am vacating, can I use the Bond for my last months rent? No, your bond and rent are separate payments. You are required to pay rent in the specified way up to and including the date of your departure.

What is a Condition Report?

When you pay a bond, we must prepare a Condition Report, which records the propertys general condition, including fittings and fixtures, and present you with 2 paper copies of this Report when you come to collect your keys. Review and, if necessary, add your comments to the Condition Report. You must return the report to UniLodge within three business days of moving in and you should keep a copy of the Condition Report until the end of the tenancy. The Condition Report is a very important document, as it can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items, particularly at the end of a tenancy. You may want to take photos of your apartment at the start of your tenancy to further show the condition. The owner may claim some or the entire bond for cleaning, damage, or replacement of missing items at the end of your tenancy. If the Condition Report stated that the work was required at the start of the tenancy, or the items were not listed, it can help you prove the bond should be returned to you.

Paying the Bond?

All rental bonds for properties in Queensland are lodged with the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) a state government body. Payment must be made payable to the RTA (not UniLodge). We ask that you provide us with a bank cheque (a bank cheque is a cheque issued by the bank under their name; you can purchase one of these from any Australian Bank). Alternatively, a money order (Available from Australia post) is acceptable. Remember the cheque/Money Order must be made payable to the Residential Tenancies Authority. Bring the bond cheque/money order with you when you are collecting your keys. At this meeting, you will complete and sign the official Bond Lodgement Form. We will forward this to the RTA and then the RTA will send a receipt to you direct. Contact the RTA on 1300 366 311 if you have not received a receipt 15 business days after paying your bond. We understand that it may not always be possible to arrange for either a bank cheque or money order prior to arrival and in these instances we recommend you take advantage of the RTAs online bond lodgement option and bring a copy of this with you when you arrive.

How much is the Bond?

If your rent is $700 a week or less on a General Tenancy Agreement (or $500 a week on a Rooming Accommodation Agreement), the bond cannot be more than 4 weeks rent. The Owner cannot increase the bond during your tenancy. If you are paying over these amounts then the Apartment owner may request a higher Bond amount. The amount you will need to pay for your bond is listed on the prices page and will be confirmed again with you prior to your arrival.

What is a Bond?

A bond (also known as a security deposit) is an amount of money that you need to pay that can be used by the apartment owner if you do not meet the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement. Examples of this include If you fail to keep the property clean, cause damage or are in rent arrears, the owner of the property may claim some or all of the bond only when the tenancy ends. The majority of bonds are refunded in full as most students vacate with no issues.

Can I move out at any time?

When you move into your apartment, you sign a Residential Tenancies Agreement. This is a legally binding document that means you have committed to paying rent from the start date on your contract until the end date of your contract. If you move out, you still have to pay rent until your contract expires. However, if you have no choice but to move out, you can break your lease. This means that you need to pay a lease break fee and the rent until someone else takes over your contract.

If I really want to move rooms after I move in is that possible?

Once you have signed a lease for your room, you cannot change rooms until your lease expires or you break your lease.

What do I do if I have a visitor?

As this is a secure building, all residents are required to meet their guests at the entrance door as this door is only accessible by resident key access.

What do I need to buy before I can move in?

Your apartment is furnished with a bed, study desk and chair, wardrobe, TV, fridge, and microwave oven. You will need to supply all of your own linen & kitchen equipment available online via our convenient UniLodge online shop, Your Shop.

Do you have car parking facilities?

Dedicated car parking is provided.

What kind of contracts does the property offer?

Full Year leases are preferable, but options will include 12 month or 6 month leases.

What do I do if I, or my family need somewhere to stay prior to checking into UniLodge?

If you or your family need somewhere to stay for a couple of nights to a week, or rest your head after coming in from a late-night flight then why not book at Essence Suites Taringa. Offering fully furnished suites that give you the freedom to relax in a place away from home.