PMG asks you to pay a Holding Deposit to secure your room. When your tenancy commences, the Holding Deposit will convert into a refundable Security deposit. All deposits are registered with TDS which is a government accredited Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme provider. At the end of your tenancy a final inspection of your room will be carried out prior to your move out and if any deductions are required they will be discussed with you at this point. Assuming the room and its belongings are in the same condition as when you moved and you have provided your bank details within PMG Portal you will get your deposit back within 10 working days. If you cancel your room booking within 14 days of your Accommodation Offer then you will be entitled to a full refund. After 14 days, the Holding Deposit is non-refundable*. *not applicable for bookings made at properties in Scotland.
PMG only accept bookings if you are over 18, with the exception of properties in Scotland where you must be 16 or over. This is due to the legally binding tenancy agreement that every tenant is required to sign when living at Property. They also can only accept people in full time education.
PMG do provide female only accommodation in some of their schemes but it is not guaranteed that this will be possible. Please speak to the site team to find out more information.
PMG’s are more than happy to accommodate groups as well as individuals. Where you're not booking in a group, they understand your flat mates will be key to your experience so when you book as an individual, PMG will ask you a series of questions to help us to match you with the perfect flat mates.
Yes. It is your home so you are allowed to have guests visiting you.
Amber makes finding student accommodation in Sheffield easy, so you have one less thing to worry about as you begin your student journey. Sheffield is a very student-friendly city, home to nearly 60,000 students. The city has a diverse population, with many international students from over 150 countries. The town is also LGBTQ+ friendly, with safe spaces for LGBTQ+ students to feel at home wherever they find student accommodation in Sheffield. Amber has a range of student accommodation options for students. All properties are furnished, have free WiFi and even come with all bills included in the rent. Student accommodation in Sheffield is quite pocket-friendly. The accommodation price usually varies depending on the room type and location. Some of the city's best Sheffield Student accommodation options include The Forge, Central Place, Exchange Works and Steelworks.
Sheffield, also known as the "Steel City", is a county in South Yorkshire and the area's largest settlement. The city gets its name from the River Sheaf that runs through it. The city played an essential role during the Industrial Revolution and has become a hub for industrial activities. It has become more vibrant and incorporated more greenery into its infrastructure, giving the town a stronger sense of community. The city is now home to many parks and woodlands for students to enjoy during their classes.
Whether you enjoy the outdoors or just want to relax at a cafe, there's something for everyone. The city is one of the most student-friendly cities in the UK. Home to many world-renowned universities like the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University, the city offers students a chance to pursue high-quality education in an enjoyable environment.
Searching for suitable Sheffield student accommodation can be tedious for students. Amber does everything from finding a convenient location to booking and handling the booking formalities smoothly. Living in our facilities gives students access to a lively community and cutting-edge amenities, including gyms, study spaces, social lounges, and game rooms. Our properties are in convenient locations, so it's simple for students to navigate the city and go to classes on time. Although every student may have different needs and requirements, they have one need in common: student accommodations need to be close to their university. To help you in your quest for a place to live, amber provides a variety of possibilities for student housing in Sheffield. The following are some of the top Sheffield student accommodation:
The cost of your student accommodation in Sheffield will take up the bulk of your expenses, but there are several other costs to consider while planning your expenses. Monthly expenses will differ depending on personal preferences and needs, but we have tried to estimate the costs to consider when planning your stay. Here is a breakdown of the expenses:
1. Food and Groceries: £150-£250 per month
2. Laundry: £15 - £25 per month
3. Travel: £30-£100 per month
4. Mobile Plan: £40-£100 per month
5. Books and Stationery: £50-£150 per semester
6. Dining and parties: £55 - £105 per month
The city is large, but most student accommodation options are well-connected and accessible by public transport. Many Sheffield student houses will also be within walking distance of grocery and convenience stores so students can live comfortably.
1. Buses: Sheffield is one of the busiest cities in South Yorkshire, thanks to its huge and extremely efficient bus network. The Sheffield Interchange acts as a central node on both domestic and international bus routes, linking several regions. Primary bus services like First Bus and Stagecoach run throughout the city, giving students convenient transit options. Students can purchase a weekly bus pass for under £10 or a monthly pass for £30 using student discounts.
2. Trams: The Sheffield Tram system was established by the city government of Sheffield, substantially expanding the city's public transportation system. The City Center is connected to well-known locations like Hillsborough, Meadowhall Center, and Halfway by the Supertram. The tram system offers a quick and effective transit means for students hoping to escape street gridlock. A monthly tram pass costs around £40, and a weekly pass costs about £10, similar to bus passes.
3. Cycling: Cycling is still a common option for students in Sheffield because it is inexpensive, practical, and environmentally beneficial. Students may simply cycle to surrounding destinations and neighbourhoods thanks to the abundance of bike-friendly paths and lanes. Cycling is a great option for students who care about the environment because it supports a healthy lifestyle and Sheffield's commitment to environmental sustainability.